Friday, June 28, 2013

Intro

I am not a writer.  Five words I hear myself saying more and more at work lately.  I decided to start blogging for a few reasons. First, I think it'll help me with my writing.  Second, having a centralized location for lessons learned at the poker table will help me improve my game.  Finally, my friends know that I play poker, but they don't really know what that means.  I figure this is a good way for them to learn more about this hobby of mine.

If you're going to read any further, here are a few things you'll need to know:

1. Grammar, style, and format (maybe even spelling) will not be great here.  I don't know sentence structure, I still don't know what an "active voice" is and I'm going to throw random commas into run on sentences for no apparent reason.

2. I am not the smartest player out there.  I know enough math to make educated decisions, but do not make all poker decisions based on the numbers.  Do not hold this against me.  I will make bad calls and I will make bad folds.  I'm going to write about them, and may still be wrong.  If this bothers you, use it against me the next time we play together.

3. I'm going to be honest about my reads and impressions of players.  My intention is not to be offensive, cocky, or to sound like an asshole.

4. Some of the amounts of money mentioned here will be ridiculous.  I'm going to be honest about wins and losses.  I pay my bills, I save money, and assure you that I am making smart reasonable decisions when it comes to my discretionary funds.

5. I really only play on the weekends.  My goal is to post after every session, but this could mean days/weeks between posts.

Rhino

1 comment: